On Monday 18 May, REC’s, Assistant REC’s, YMC’s will gather at the Waterview Bicentennial Park, Sydney Olympic Park in order to listen to insights and updates from keynote speakers, and discuss issues facing Religious Education.
Speakers will cover the following areas:
- World Youth Day & Youth Ministry – Robert Haddad
- Keynote Address – Archbishop Anthony Fisher OP
- Responding to the Challenges, and Setting Future Directions – Dr Dan White
- Analysing the Results of the Student Survey of Religious Attitudes and Practices – Anthony Cleary
There will also be a Q&A panel featuring Fr. Michael McLean, Ms Elizabeth Denny, Mrs Sinead Kent and Miss Daniella Foley.
RECs and YMCs should have previously registered for this event via ELM.
The program for the day, and other relevant documents are linked for reference of participants.
Please be aware that the ‘2 hour parking’ is strictly monitored by park rangers and the two areas designated on the map below are the only unrestricted places to park : P10a and Overflow.
- 2014 Survey of Religious Attitudes and Practices
A draft Executive Summary of the 2014 Survey of Religious Attitudes and Practices
- Program 18 May
The program for the Archdiocesan Gathering Day on 18 May
- Effects of WYD Paper
Archbishop Anthony writes on the effects of World Youth Days and Australian Catholic Youth Festivals.
Click here for a PDF showing parking locations for the Waterview